Privacy Conditions: https://www.datahighway.com/privacy.pdf
Terms and Conditions for Kusama Parachain Slot Campaign Last Updated April 2022
These terms and conditions (the "Terms") apply to the DataHighway Parachain Crowdloan (the "Crowdloan"), the tools available at https://polkadot.js.org/apps, https://dev.datahighway.com/docs/crowdloans/crowdloan-tanganika and all associated resources, subdomains or otherwise related web pages (collectively, the "Website") which include texts, images, audio, code, and other materials (collectively, the "Content") and all of the features and services provided therein.
The Crowdloan is a crowdfund slot lease based on the Kusama blockchain which permits DataHighway blockchain to collectively generate blocks and interact with other blockchains. The Site, the Crowdloan, and any other features, tools, materials, or services offered from time to time are referred to here as the "Services."
Please read these Terms carefully before using the Crowdloan. By using or otherwise accessing the Crowdloan, or by clicking to accept or agree to these Terms where that option is made available, you (1) accept and agree to these Terms and (2) you accept and agree to any additional terms, rules, and conditions of participation that may be issued, made available on the Site or notified to you from time to time.
If you do not agree with the Terms, then you may not access or use the Services or Crowdloan.
These Terms may be amended, changed, or updated at any time, without prior notice to you. It is your obligation to continually review the Website to ensure that you fully understand these Terms (as well as ensuring that you maintain an accurate copy of the Terms).
Your continued use of any Service, Content, or Crowdloan after the effective date of any amendments, changes, or updates constitutes your full acceptance of these Terms, as modified by such amendments, changes, or updates.
If you do not agree with the Terms in effect when you access or use the Crowdloan, you must stop using the Service immediately.
If you agree to comply with these Terms, you are granted the limited right to use the Website, the Crowdloan, and the Service. This right is a personal, restricted, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, limited license, and it is subject to the limitations and obligations outlined in these Terms. Nothing in these Terms gives you any license (other than as set out in this paragraph), right, title, or ownership of, in, or to the Website, any of the Services, the Content, or the Crowdloan. The Website may suspend or terminate its Services for you, your digital token wallet, or any of your digital token addresses at its sole absolute discretion, as may be required by applicable laws, or where it is determined that you have violated, breached, or acted inconsistently with any of these Terms.
Your use of the Crowdloan, its content, and any associated Services is at your own risk. the Crowdloan, its content, and any associated Services or items obtained through the Crowdloan are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied.
All persons, entities, agents, and members involved with the creation of the Crowdloan (collectively "Members") make no warranty or representation with respect to the completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy, or availability of the Crowdloan and Service. Without limiting the foregoing no Member represents or warrants that the Framework, Service or items obtained through the Crowdloan will be accurate, reliable, error-free, or uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, that the items obtained through the Crowdloan will meet your needs or expectations. Members hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory, or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, and fitness for a particular purpose. The foregoing does not affect any warranties which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
To the fullest extent permitted by law and notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms or applicable provisions of law, any and all fiduciary duties the Members or any related entities and agents may have to the user, its affiliates, or the end users of the Service, the site or its content shall be eliminated, provided that such exclusion or limitation of liability shall not extend to misappropriation of assets or funds of the users, its affiliates, or the end users of the Services, site or content provided by the Members or any related entities and agents or other acts or omissions that constitute a bad faith violation of the implied contractual covenant of good faith and fair dealing.
You acknowledge the following risks related to your use of DataHighway, the Website, the Crowdloan, and its Services:
- Legislative and regulatory changes or actions may adversely affect the use, transfer, exchange, and value of crypto-assets.
- The distribution of Crowdloan results may experience delays, changes subject to Kusama Blockchain.
- The DataHighway blockchain may experience delays, changes to the network, failure, or a critical issue in the protocol. The Crowdloan and its Members do not own or control the DataHighway blockchain and are not responsible for its operation, therefore they make no guarantees or representations regarding the network's security, functionality, or availability.
- As DataHighway is a Parachain Candidate based on the Kusama Blockchain, it may be compatible with software or other technology provided by a third-party. Where the DataHighway cryptographic asset trades or is available on third-party exchanges, the Crowdloan and its Members do not guarantee the security or functionality of any third-party software and/or exchanges and are not responsible for any losses of or related to DataHighway due to the failure of third-party software or technology.
- Transactions in DataHighway crypto assets may be irreversible, and accordingly, losses due to fraudulent or accidental transactions may be unrecoverable.
- The value of some crypto-assets may be derived from the continued willingness of market participants to exchange fiat currency for these assets, which may result in permanent and total loss of value of a particular crypto-asset should its market disappear.
- The volatility and unpredictability of the price of crypto-assets relative to fiat currency may result in significant loss over a short period of time.
- That all crypto assets, including DataHighway, may be subject to an increased risk of fraud or cyberattack.
- The Terms do not disclose all of the risks associated with using DataHighway, the Site, the Crowdloan, and the Services. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for determining the nature, potential value, and suitability of those risks for you in light of your own circumstances and financial resources.
The Crowdloan and DataHighway Members will not, under any circumstances, give tax advice, legal advice, or other professional advice in the course of your use the Site, the Crowdloan, and the Services. No materials on our Site, including FAQs or blogs, shall be considered tax advice, legal advice, or investment advice.
You further acknowledge and agree that you shall access and use DataHighway, the Website, the Crowdloan and the Services at your own risk.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the DataHighway Members and any related entities, as well as the officers, directors, employees, shareholders and representatives of the Crowdloan, from and against any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages, costs (including attorneys' fees, fees or penalties imposed by any regulatory authority and court costs), claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever arising or resulting from your use of DataHighway, the Website, the Crowdloan, and the Services, your violation of these Terms, your violation of any law, rule, or regulation, or the rights of any third party, and any of your acts or omissions that implicate publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that you assume full responsibility for your use of the Website, the Crowdloan, and the Services. You expressly acknowledge and agree that any information you send or receive during your use of the Website, the Crowdloan, and the Services may not be secure and may be intercepted or later acquired by unauthorized parties. You acknowledge and agree that you shall access and use DataHighway, the Website, the Crowdloan and the Services at your own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, neither the Members nor any related entities, suppliers or licensors will be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, exemplary or other damages of any kind, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other tangible or intangible losses or any other damages based on contract, tort, strict liability (even if any of the Members or related entities had been advised of the possibility of such damages); the use or the inability to use the site or Service; unauthorized access to or alteration of your data; statements or conduct of any third party on the site or service; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, including public utility or telephone outages; omissions, interruptions, latency, deletions or defects of any device or network, providers, or software (including, but not limited to, those that do not permit participation in the services); any injury or damage to computer equipment; inability to access DataHighway, the Website, the Crowdloan and the Services; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, images or other content of any kind; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost; typographical, printing or other errors, or any combination thereof; or any other matter relating to DataHighway, the Website, the Crowdloan and the Services. Where a jurisdiction does not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, some of the above limitations may not apply to you. If you are dissatisfied with any of the Services or with this agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue use of the Services. DataHighway, the Website, the Crowdloan and the Services are provided "as is" and without any representation or warranty, whether express, implied or statutory. The Members, their affiliates, respective officers, directors, agents, joint venturers, employees, and suppliers specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable license to access and use DataHighway, the Website, the Crowdloan and the Services.
All title, ownership, and intellectual property rights in DataHighway, the Website, the Crowdloan and the Services are owned by the Members, related entities, or their licensors. You acknowledge and agree that the Services contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable laws, including intellectual property laws. You agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, perform, display, or create derivative works based on the Services, in whole or in part.
The Crowdloan, on a best endeavours basis, attempts to provide accurate and reliable information and content on the Site, but such information may not always be correct, complete, or up-to date. We will update the information on the Website as necessary to provide you with the most up-to-date information, but you should always verify this information's actuality.
The Website may also contain links to third-party websites, applications, events, or other materials ("Third Party Content"). Such information is provided for your convenience and links or references to Third Party Content do not constitute a recommendation of any products or services. The members and any related entities shall have no liability for any losses incurred as a result of actions taken in reliance on the information contained on the website or in any Third Party Content.
We may terminate or suspend access to Services in whole or in part immediately and without prior notice or liability should you breach any of your obligations under the Terms or in our absolute discretion. Upon termination of your access, your right to use DataHighway, the Website, the Crowdloan and the Services is forfeited immediately.
The following provisions of the Terms survive any termination of these Terms: Indemnity; disclaimer of warranty; limitation on liability; intellectual proprietary rights; links; termination and suspension; no third-party beneficiaries; binding arbitration and class action waiver; general information.
You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms, there shall be no third-party beneficiaries to the Terms.
You may not use DataHighway, the Website, the Crowdloan and the Servicess to engage in the following categories of activity ('Prohibited Uses'):
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US, EU, or any other country).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit any advertising or promotional material, including any "junkmail", "chain letters", "spam", or any other related solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Crowdloan, the Member, another user, or any other person or entity.
- In any way that infringes upon the rights of others, or in any way is illegal, threatening, fraudulent, or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful purpose or activity.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use of DataHighway, the Website, the Crowdloan and the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm or offend the Framework or users of the Framework or expose them to liability.
- In order to disguise the proceeds of (or to further) any breach of applicable laws or regulations, or to deal in DataHighway or other digital assets, funds, which may be the proceeds of illicit activity.
- To interfere with or subvert our rights or obligations, or the rights or obligations of any other user or any other third party
- To engage in conduct that is detrimental to us or to any other user or any other third-party.
- To falsify or materially omit any information, or provide misleading information we request in the course of, directly or indirectly relating to, or arising from your activities when using DataHighway, the Website, the Crowdloan and the Services.
- To reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble any software running on the Crowdloan, or to attempt to harm us with your access to DataHighway, the Website, the Crowdloan and the Services.
You further represent that you are not (a) the subject of economic or trade sanctions and disqualifications administered or enforced by any governmental authority or otherwise designated on any list of prohibited or restricted parties (including but not limited to the list maintained by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Department of the Treasury) or (b) a citizen, resident, or organized in a jurisdiction or territory that is the subject of comprehensive country-wide, territory-wide, or regional economic sanctions by the United States. Finally, you represent that your access and use of the Crowdloan will fully comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and that you will not access or use the Crowdloan to conduct, promote, or otherwise facilitate any illegal activity.
You agree that we will use the e-mail address your have provided us to send you e-mails relating to the management and operation of the Website, the Crowdloan and the Services.
These Terms and all non‑contractual or other obligations arising out of or in connection with them are governed by the laws of Singapore.
- These Terms (including regarding the existence, validity or termination of these Terms), all non-contractual obligations arising from or connected with them and the use of the Crowdloan, the Website and Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, excluding its conflict of law rules.
- The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore, provided, however, that we shall have the right, at our sole option, to initiate proceedings against you in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
These Terms (including any information incorporated by reference herein) comprise the entire agreement between you and us covering your use of DataHighway, the Website, the Crowdloan and the Services.
If any court or competent authority decides that any provision of these Terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term shall, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms. The remaining terms shall continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.